Choosing the best sales consulting firm for your organization
When a sales consultant is necessary, how do you go about choosing the right firm?
In addition to the firm's track record of results, you need to consider how well the consulting firm's style, methodologies, and protocol will mesh with the entire organization. Do you want an advisor to assess and identify opportunities for you to address on your own? Or, instead, do you want a firm that will not only identify opportunties but implement recommendations in a leadership capacity? Perhaps you want sales process mapping, compensation analysis, territory segmentation, market differentiation, or only sales training? Do you want a nationwide rollout or will a more localized approach be more beneficial to your team's success? Is it important that you maintain full control over the initiative, or are you willing to cede some control in exchange for results?
There is no such thing as a "one-size fits all" sales consulting firm. While we continue to strive to achieve the best record of client results in the B2B sales consulting industry, we are certainly not the right fit for everyone. So, is Sage Warfield the right choice for your sales organization? In order to answer that question, you first need to know who we are and how we go about our business.
Sage Warfield is a sales turnaround implementation consultancy. We identify problems at the division level, and implement solutions in a hands-on management capacity. Using a metaphor, we take command of the ship, correct the course, accelerate to full speed, and sustain the momentum. Once we are confident that the ship can maintain the course at the desired speed, we relinquish command of the ship back to the full-time captain.
This process typically takes ninety days. After which, we will either migrate to a new division to begin the next turnaround or leave the business in the capable hands of the organization.
What kind of results can you expect to get in just ninety days? We have never had a sales turnaround that has failed to increase sales by double digits, and we average over thirty percent growth. This is backed up by our performance guarantee.
How do we achieve such significant results on a consistent basis?
• We work in B2B sales consulting only, and operate within a highly targeted group of industries and verticals.
• We are the implementation team. There is no ambiguity in the message, and nothing is lost in translation.
• Since we are actively leading the team in the trenches, we are 100% accountable for the results. There is no one else to blame, and no place for us to hide. In short, our reputation is on the line with each and every client.
• We are experts in sales behavioral psychology, and this is an advantage unique to Sage Warfield in the sales consulting industry.
> Combining this expertise with our field leadership as your hands-on sales implementation managers, we are able to significantly increase sales over and above that which would result from a sole focus on operational & tactical strategy (X’s and O’s).
> For more information on our approach to accelerating sales through behavioral psychology, check out our article “The Death of KPI’s”.
As with anything in life and business, there are tradeoffs and caveats which you need to consider before selecting Sage Warfield as your sales consulting partner:
• You need to have a group of strong and confident sales executives and managers.
> They need to feel comfortable in allowing us to lead the sales division at our discretion without being concerned with protecting themselves or their turf.
> Without the unconditional support of the sales organization from the top to the bottom, a sales turnaround cannot maximize its full potential.
• If you are not comfortable allowing us to lead your sales division, then you do not want an implementation consultancy. You should instead hire an advisory consultancy such as Accenture, KPMG, or McKinsey. This will allow you to implement their suggestions at your own discretion and within your own timeline.
• If you have more than two divisions and want to implement a nationwide turnaround simultaneously, Sage is not the right fit for your project.
At the end of the day, you really need to decide whether you need a sales implementation consultancy or an advisory service.
While an implementation consulting firm does have some drawbacks, it does offer significant advantages over an advisory consulting service including:
• Rapid results
> Ninety-day average sales turnaround cycle
• Greater revenue growth
> Achieve a performance-guaranteed minimum of a double-digit sales increase in three months
• More cost effective
> Based on shorter timeline and increased revenue growth
• Direct accountability for end results
If you have questions about sales consulting, or just want to chat about issues you are having with your sales team,give us a call or shoot us an email.
If we aren't the right fit for you, we will be happy to provide you with a few recommendations of sales consulting companies that can help you achieve your sales organization's goals.
Posted February 8, 2013 / By Chris Hickey
Tags: sales consulting, sales consultant, sales consulting firms, sales turnaround, turnaround management, sales management, sales operations, sales force effectiveness, sales strategy
Share this page:
Share this page: